taste the rainbow!       gay pride in the monterey bay area
?

Log in

gay pride in the monterey bay area [entries|friends|calendar]
gay in monterey

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ calendar | livejournal calendar ]

intro post [15 May 2007|03:38pm]

gmonkey42
name: Gillian
age: 26
preference: women? I usually call it "orientation," which for me is about 90% gay. The other 10% is for lusting after male ficitonal characters.
location: []monterey []marina []carmel []pg [X]other: Seaside
last words?: I moved to the area recently and I've been looking for a way to meet other lesbians around here. Google only yielded Monterey Pride and a site that hasn't been updated since 1998. So I'm glad to have found this comm!

ETA: OK, it doesn't look like this community is very active. So if you come across this post and want to talk to me, please comment in the latest entry in my journal: gmonkey42 so I'm more likely to see it.
pride!

Stories [13 Feb 2006|05:09pm]
anteojitus
Hello everybody,
This is about a subject relevant to this site.

KQED's statewide public radio program "The California Report" is putting together a series of audio portraits inspired by the film "Brokeback Mountain" and is asking for your input.

We are interested in interviewing gay men and women who moved to gay-friendly California cities or towns, from other areas of the country or other parts of California where they felt hostility because of their sexuality.

In places like San Francisco and Los Angeles, it's easy to forget that many of our neighbors are lesbians and gay men who left the towns where they grew up, went to college or lived as adults because they felt threatened or unwelcomed.

As an example, we have one story from a woman who went to college in Iowa in the late 1980s and had to put up every year with a fraternity initiation that involved bringing baseball bats into the only gay bar in town.

If you have a story to share, please call the special voicemail box set up for this project.

The phone number is 415-553-2390.
pride!

Something about Rape [03 Dec 2005|10:23pm]

madamefenris
This is about rape, and not necessarily about being gay. But more often than one would like to think, those two over lap.
I post this as a survivor.
Read more...Collapse )
pride!

Vatican's Anti Gay policy [03 Dec 2005|10:14pm]

madamefenris
New article on the Vatican's new anti-gay policy in seminary schools.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20051203/co_po/vaticanbarsgayseminaryteachers
pride!

do it. yo. [26 Jun 2005|12:15am]

espionagex

pretty_lesbians
(1) gay pride!

Welcome!!!! [16 Apr 2005|12:02pm]

espionagex
Hey! I'm Shelley, your wonderful lovely lesbian moderator. I used to run lesbi_monterey under the username lamelikewhoa but that community died. I'm hoping this one makes it! The rules are, well, there really aren't any. You have to be female or identify as a female, you have to be bi-curious, bisexual, or lesbian to join. Not so hard. But also you have to be within a two hour drive from monterey. This means you can be as far away as San Francisco. Monterey, Marina, Salinas, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach Carmel, Gilroy, Aromas, etc etc. You are ALL welcome!

So, this community is going to be used for a lot of things. One, to connect all the lesbians and bisexuals of this area, since I've found it to be incredibly hard to do that. Also, its going to give information on meetings or dances, or any other events for gay people in Monterey. I was thinking, too, that we could all plan our own meeting space and meet once in a while or do something gay-pride like.

Now, I am all for gay pride. I'm all a bout being open but I have recently learned that its not always safe. So, for that fact I am going to make all posts friends only, that way the locations we're going to be at are hidden from public view. You don't have to post friends only, but make sure you are logged in when you are checking out posts in the community so you don't miss anything!

please, e-mail me or IM me whenever you want!
e-mail: lesbianmonterey@yahoo.com
IM: my iast hope x (aim)


-Shelley
pride!

navigation
[ viewing | most recent entries ]